2293 Commercial Drive, Waupaca
Adoption Center Hours:
Monday & Thursday 12-3pm
Wednesday & Friday 2-7pm
To serve you better and for the comfort of our resident animals, adoptions are by appointment only. Please complete an application if you're interested.
SERVING WAUPACA, WAUSHARA and SHAWANO Counties
Affordable, Low Cost Spay/Neuter Services
HOW TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT:
1) Read all the information on how our program works- WE CAN ONLY ACCEPT APPLICATIONS FROM WAUPACA, WAUSHARA and SHAWANO COUNTIES. Applications from other areas will not be acknowledged.
2) Fill out the Surgical Request Form COMPLETELY (PLEASE pay attention to details)
3) Watch for a Paypal Invoice to pay your $20 Deposit (non-refundable and required to secure appointment)
4) Pay the $20 via PayPal or send/bring it to HSWC, 2293 Commercial Dr, Waupaca WI 54981
5) Please wait for an email or phone call to schedule your appointment.
6) Please be on time for your drop off and pick up appointments and be prepared to pay any balance due upon drop off. We accept credit/debit/cash/check.
RESIDENTS OF WAUPACA, WAUSHARA and SHAWANO Counties may apply
Cats must be >2lbs, Dogs must be >3lbs. All must be over 10wks of age and healthy. You must withhold food the night before the appointment by11pm, so the animal comes on an empty stomach. Drop off times will be scheduled for dropoff, usually between 7:30-8:30 the day of surgery and animals will go home same day, usually between 2-4pm. Make sure someone will be available for timely drop off and pick up prior to making your appointment.
CATS- Female $90
DOGS- Female < 60lbs $140
Female 60-99lbs $185
Female 100+ lbs $230
Male <60lbs $85
Male 60-99lbs $105
Male 100lbs $150
RABBITS- Female $90
DENTALS can be performed, time permitting (must be requested when appointment is made, not the morning of drop off). Cost for cleaning/polishing is usually between $80-300 (depending on size of dog and severity). Extractions add $10-50 EACH. Right now, because of the huge demand, we are prioritizing spays/neuters. Dogs/cats needing only dentals will not be scheduled until we have extra appointments available.
Surgical Add-on fees:
Umbilical Hernia Repair $20-$50
Cryptorchid Neuter $30 - 50
Pre-Op Bloodwork (if recommended/desired) performed ~2 weeks prior to surgery $75
Stomach Torsion Tacking $120
Additional Services available at time of Spay/Neuter:
Rabies Vaccine $20
Vaccines: DHPP -or- Bordatella (dogs) FVRCP (cats) $15 each
Heartworm Test $30
FeLV/FIV Test $25
Microchip $25 (includes registration)
Flea/Tick Treatment-One Dose $5-$10
LOW INCOME INFORMATION
You must reside in Waupaca, Waushara or Shawano County
If you already qualify for public assistance such as food stamps, energy assistance or Badger Care, you probably qualify for reduced spay/neuter fees. ($20 for cats, $50 for dogs), subsidized by our generous and caring donors. We will need you to upload a copy/image of a Determination letter from one of the State programs dated within the past 6 months when you submit your Surgical Request Form. If you are not able to obtain a Determination letter, or have not applied for any State Programs and feel you might qualify based on your income, we can assist you with your application at the Adoption Center. Please call to schedule an appointment to come in. A $20 deposit will still be required to book an appointment.